Ride Don't Hide Sault Ste Marie
Join us on June 1, 2021Register Now! Donate Now!
RIDE DON’T HIDE Sault Ste Marie
So many of us don’t feel like ourselves these days, and the pandemic is making it harder to get the help we need.
Ride Don’t Hide Sault Ste. Marie is a way to take care of your mental health and take care of your community.
This June, join thousands of riders—and walkers, runners, yogis, spinners, dancers, families, rope-jumpers, HIIT trainers and more—in communities across Canada as we bring mental health into the open.
We come together to ride outside, ride inside or ride in spirit to raise funds for mental health in Sault Ste. Marie. Funds will support local programs and services.
Ride to feel like yourself again. Raise funds to get one more person the help they need.
Ride Don’t Hide is a chance to…
Set your own goal, move your body in your own way, and improve your physical and mental health!
Loneliness is as bad for your health as smoking. Ride Don’t Hide brings together teams, families, friends, workplaces and communities to rally around the most important cause of our lifetimes.
As a participant, you’ll get tips, tools, tricks and activities to help you take care of your own mental health, while taking care of others.
HOW IT WORKS
What does “my ride, my way” mean?
Ride Don’t Hide 2021 is a “choose-your-own-adventure.”
You decide how—and how much—to get involved. Ride Outside, Ride Inside or Ride in Spirit.
Ride Outside for a 100 km throughout June or simply go out for a “leisurely” Sunday ride.
Ride Inside with a rigorous 30-day spin challenge or casually pedal your stationary bike while bingeing on Netflix.
Or Ride in Spirit. Because it doesn’t have to be a literal ride. Cross fit in your basement, do yoga in the living room, take a brisk walk before you start work or take 10 minutes in your day for mindfulness. However you take care of yourself this spring – that’s your Ride.
And sharing it with others – that’s your ‘Don’t Hide.’ f your own mental health, while taking care of others.
ARE YOU IN? HERE’S WHAT TO DO!
1. Register and choose your own adventure – pick the route, the activity and the goal that excites you.
2. Set your own goal for total minutes of activity in June 2021 (Pro tip – you can start on the road to that goal right away!)
3. Set up your personal Ride Don’t Hide page to track your activity and achievements.
4. Connect with others – create or join a team of family and friends, or maybe in your workplace. Use your fundraising dashboard to send emails, post to social media, and get others on board. At Ride Don’t Hide, #NoOneRidesAlone.
5. COMING SOON! Download the Ride Don’t Hide mobile app to automatically track your activity, and to fundraise effortlessly from your phone!
6. Raise funds for mental health. $330 helps CMHA provide one more person the community mental health programs, services and support they need, when they need them.
7. Ride! Or run, walk, jump rope, do yoga, dance, climb stairs, lift weights, play tag with your kids…Move more, give back, feel better.