Ride Don’t Hide Newfoundland & Labrador
Join us on June 1, 2020
RIDE AND WIN!
Ride outside, inside, or in spirit and raise essential funds to win one of THREE great prizes! Here's how:
RAISE $100 or more to be automatically entered to win a 1-night chalet stay at Pirate's Haven.
RAISE $150 or more to be automatically entered to win a 3-month membership with Bespoke Cycle.
Not sure how to start fundraising for mental health? Check out our Complete Ride Don't Hide Guide to Fundraising.
Ride Don't Hide - Newfoundland & Labrador
WE’RE SO GLAD YOU’RE HERE.
We’re in uncharted waters with COVID-19, but we’re all in the same boat. The COVID-19 pandemic means that we can’t be together this year for Ride Don’t Hide.
But you are not alone.
This summer, we’re asking you to Ride Don’t Hide, Virtually any day, any time, and as often as you choose. Riders – and spinners, walkers, runners, yogis, kitchen dancers, meditators, and every other mental health champion – across Canada this summer are Riding Outside, Riding Inside, or Riding In Spirit to bring mental health into the open, wherever we are. Newfoundland and Labrador's Ride Don't Hide portal will stay open ALL SUMMER! Share your journey with us on social media @cmhanl.
Ride Don’t Hide, Virtually shows the world that we don’t have to stand side by side to stand together for mental health.
Join a CMHA-NL Regional Office Team:
St. John's-Metro Regional Team
Grand Falls-Windsor Regional Team
Western NL "West Coast-Best Coast" Regional Team
Join One of Our Event Teams:
5th Annual Guiney Push-Up Challenge Team
Tickle Swim 2020 Team
TAKE PART IN OUR VIRTUAL ACTIVITIES:
• Move at your own pace in Yoga with Evonne Sullivan here.
• Tune in for Mindful Meditation with Scott Ste Marie any time here.
• Follow along with Family Fitness with Carolyn Tran here.
• Listen to a conversation about mental health with Medicine Shopper Pharmacist Hugh Toner here.
Share your journey with us on social media @cmhanl.
So what is a virtual ride, anyway?
A virtual ride is a choose-your-own adventure! You decide how—and how much—to get involved. Whether you choose to Ride Outside for a 100 km throughout July or simply go out for a “leisurely” Sunday stroll.
Whether you commit to a rigorous 30 day spin challenge or casually pedal on a stationary bike through your next Netflix binge.
Whether you replicate your favourite cross fit regimen in your basement, do yoga once a week in the living room, take a brisk walk every morning before working from home or start a new mindfulness practice in the 10 minutes between home-schooling and starting dinner.
However you take care of yourself this spring – that’s your Ride. And sharing it with others – that’s your ‘Don’t Hide.’
Your ride, your way, for your mental health. Here’s how…
1. Register here to Ride Outside, Ride Inside, or Ride In Spirit.
2. Then, raise awareness and funds to support mental health in NL.
3. Set a goal to challenge yourself – announce it on your personal fundraising page. Your goal could be to:
- Ride 100 km this month
- Spin or stationary bike for 50 km or 500 minutes
- Walk, run, hike 20 km or 100 minutes this week
- Move, dance, do yoga or meditate every day this summer
- Or whatever you do to take care of your own mental health
OR set a fundraising goal. Ask for:
- $10 for every km or minute of cycling or spinning
- $25 for each day of of a 30 day challenge
- $500 to help provide one hour of virtual counselling
- $1,000 to help create online resources to help Canadians cope
4. Then, spread the word. You can use the tools in your Fundraising Dashboard or in our online Rider Centre.
5. Track your progress on your fundraising page with regular updates, or livestream a ride or a challenge.
6. Finally, connect. Ride Don’t Hide will be bringing you stories, training tips, wellness info and more, all online. Participate from your phone while on a ride or a jog, from your living room, backyard or wherever. Because we don't have to be together to be a movement for mental health.
WE MAY HAVE TO RIDE APART THIS YEAR, BUT TOGETHER WE'RE UNSTOPPABLE.
About the Ride Don’t Hide Movement
Ride Don’t Hide is an annual, nationwide community bike ride that brings mental health into the open while raising essential funds for mental health initiatives. Each year, participants and supporters all across Canada help raise almost $2-million for the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). When you ride with CMHA-NL, you help raise funds for the Newfoundland and Labrador division, which means we can help even more people in Newfoundland and Labrador by building and maintaining the programs and services we offer. Learn more about what CHMA-NL does here.
Why should you 'ride'?
In any given year, 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental illness. But did you know 5 in 5 Canadians (that’s ALL of us!) have #MentalHealth that needs to be cared for and protected? Ride Don’t Hide is a chance to bring mental health into the open, raise critical funds for vital mental health programs, and connect – to your own mental health, to each other, to our community, and to the national movement for mental health!
Ride for you. Ride for someone you love. Ride for #MentalHealthForAll.
We Need Your Help – Donate to CMHA-NL
Every dollar helps us continue to provide the essential mental health services and programs we offer. Our offices are currently closed, but we are able to accept donations through our secure online platform.
If you or someone you know is looking for mental health resources, please visit cmhanl.ca.
THANK YOU TO OUR RIDE DON'T HIDE SPONSORS:
PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Deadline to meet eligibility requirements is September 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM (NL). All eligible participants will be automatically entered. Individuals participating on a Team will be eligible based on the total raised by the individual and not the overall total raised by the Team. All offline donations must be collected at a CMHA-NL office prior to the deadline. Eligible participants will be randomly drawn for each prize and winners will be announced on September 14, 2020 via the contact information given by the participant upon registration. Terms and conditions agreed to upon registration apply. For more information about offline donations, or to arrange a contactless donation, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-753-8550 ext. 109.